Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rival by Sara Bennet-Wealer (a Debut Challenge Review)


Rival by Sara Bennet-Wealer
Released 2/15/2011 on HarperTeen
2 Stars (sorry... but not every book can be 5 stars!)

I didn't really like this book. The characters were just okay for me. The book alternates viewpoints between two characters (Brooke and Kathren) who are high school rivals. It also changes between different time frames to explain why they are rivals and that they used to be friends. The reasons are petty mostly. Alternating viewpoints (and timeframes) can be done well but in this case just left me confused. The ending felt unsatifying and unresolved. This book qualifies for The Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren. Other people may enjoy this book but it just wasn't for me. I do like the cover though. It is very pretty and has relevance to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment